There are a lot of things to consider when you are thinking of buying a new car. What model do you want to get, what monthly payments can you afford, what features are the most important to you, etc. But one thing most people don’t think of is to check the new car’s insurance rates. Or if you are deciding between several different makes and models, to compare insurance rates for each. Be aware, most dealerships need proof of insurance on the car before they let you drive it off the lot.
Insurance rates differ greatly between cars. If the car is safe and performs well in crash tests, is not frequently stolen, and/or has certain safety or anti-theft features, it will generally cost less to insure. If the car is flashier, has a history of being frequently stolen, or is more expensive to repair, you can bet your insurance rates will be higher. Here is the low down on cars that are the most expensive to insure for theft claims, injury claims and collision claims.
Models That are Among the Most Expensive for Theft Claims Include:
- Lexus NX 300h
- Dodge Ram 1500 Rebel
- Nissan Altima 2.0 S
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus
- Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription
Models That are Among the Least Expensive For Theft Claims Include:
- Honda CR-V LX
- Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
- Subaru Cross trek
- Hyundai Tucson SE
- Chevrolet Trax LS
Models That are Among the Most Expensive for Injury Claims Include:
- Mitsubishi Mirage four-door
- Dodge Avenger four-door
- Nissan Versa four-door
- Nissan Versa Note minivan
- Kia Forte four-door
Models That are Among the Least Expensive for Injury Claims Include:
- Porsche 911 Carrera two-wheel drive
- Land Rover Range Rover four-wheel drive
- Porsche Boxster convertible
- Tesla Model S
- Mercedes-Benz SL class convertible
Models That are Among the Most Expensive for Collision Claims Include:
- Bentley Continental GT two-door
- BMW i8 two-door
- Maserati Gran Turismo coupe
- Audi RS7 four-door
- BMW M3 four-door
Models That are Among the Least Expensive for Collision Claims Include:
- Smart For Two electric
- Ram 1500 four-door
- Ford F-250 four-door
- Kia Soul Electric
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 convertible
- Cheapest Cars to Crash, Auto Guide.
- Most Expensive Cars to Crash, Auto Guide.
- Cars With the Least Personal Injury Insurance Claims, Car Insurance.
- Most-Least Expensive Cars to Insure, Forbes.